TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions apply to all services provided by Leyton Ambassador Cars Ltd (MiniCabify ‘www.minicabify.com’)
These terms and conditions and the web-based booking form constitute the entire Agreement concerning the provision of a Minicab hiring for all services between you “The Passenger” and the MiniCabify “The Provider”.
Completion of the booking and use of the Service indicates your unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
Definitions and Interpretations
- In these Conditions: - “These Conditions” means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Passenger and the Provider; “The Passenger” means the person who accepts a quotation or offer of the Provider for the sale of Services or whose order for the Services is accepted by the Provider; “The Provider” means Leyton Ambassador Car trading as MiniCabify. “The Contract” means the contract for the provision of airport transfer services under these Conditions; “The Service” means the service of transport (including any installment of the service or any multiple services) that the Provider is to supply in accordance with these Conditions;
- Any reference in these Conditions to a statute or a provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that statute or provision as amended, re-enacted, or extended at the relevant time.
- The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- The Provider shall sell and the Passenger shall purchase the Service in accordance with any quotation or offer of the Provider which is accepted by the Passenger, or any reservation of the Passenger which is accepted by the Provider, subject in either case to these Conditions, which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such reservation is made or purported to be made, by the Passenger.
- A contract will only come into being upon the acceptance of the Provider of the reservation and the following conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated in the contract. The passenger accepts these terms & conditions by placing a reservation, and booking with the provider via but not limited to the provider; web site (www.minicabify.com.) via telephone, social media, or via mobile application.
- The Contract will be subject to these conditions. The provider reserves the right to revise these terms & conditions at any time without prior notice at its sole discretion. Any revised terms and conditions will be posted on the provider's website and will come into effect immediately after posting.
- No reservation submitted by the passenger shall be deemed to be accepted by the provider unless and until confirmed in writing by email telephone or otherwise by an authorized representative of the provider.
- The specification for the services shall be those set out in the provider's sales documentation unless varied expressly in the passenger’s reservation (if accepted by the provider). The service will only be supplied as stated in the provider's price list. Reservations received other than these will be adjusted accordingly. Illustrations, photographs, or descriptions whether in the website, brochures, price lists, or other documents issued by the provider are intended as a guide only and the contents shall not be binding on the Provider.
- The Provider reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the services which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements or, where the services are to be supplied to the Provider's specification, which does not materially affect their performance.
- Sub-contracting companies are not authorized to make any representations or claims concerning the service unless confirmed by the Provider in writing by email, telephone or otherwise. In entering into the Contract, the Passenger acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations, which are not so confirmed.
- No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by email, telephone, or otherwise between the authorized representations of the passenger and the provider.
- Sales literature, price lists, and other documents issued by the provider in relation to the service are subject to alteration without notice and do not constitute offers to sell the service, which are capable of acceptance. A reservation placed by the passenger may not be withdrawn canceled or altered prior to acceptance by the provider. No contract for the offer of service shall be binding on the provider unless the provider has issued a quotation which is expressed to be an offer of service; or has accepted a reservation placed by the passenger, by whichever is the earlier of: -
Delivery of the Service
- Any typographical, clerical, or other accidental errors or omissions in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice, or other document or information issued by the Provider shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Provider.
- The price of the Service shall be calculated on the Price Estimator placed on the provider's website (‘www.minicabify.com’), at the date of acceptance of the passenger’s reservation or such other price as may be agreed in writing by the provider and the passenger.
- Where the provider has quoted a price for the service other than in accordance with the Providers published price list the price quoted shall be valid for 24 hours only or such other time as the Provider may specify.
- The Provider reserves the right, by giving notice to the Passenger at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the service to reflect any increase in the cost to the Provider which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Provider (such as without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, currency regulation or alteration of duties, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the service which is requested by the Passenger, or any delay caused by any instructions of the Passenger or failure of the Passenger to give the Provider adequate information or instructions.
- The Provider reserves the right to use the services of contractors or sub-contractors (herein known as third parties) to provide services to Passengers. Where appropriate details i.e., names, and addresses of any such third parties will be provided by the Provider upon any reasonable request and at the discretion of the Provider.
- All payments that are made in any form other than cash (pounds sterling) to the Provider for the provision of service & on any confirmed reservations made with the provider directly or indirectly will result in a charge (booking fee) of 5% of the total quoted price. (In addition to any cash payment & or discounted price).
Terms of Carriage
- The Provider (herein known MiniCabify) prices are based on Passengers being ready to travel at the booked time. Passengers must book their airport transfer in accordance with check-in times and guidelines provided by their relevant airline.
- All meets apart from “airport pick-ups” are free for the first 15 minutes; thereafter you will be charged £20 per hour for the entire waiting time. Airports pick-ups: 45 minutes free waiting time from the time the flight lands, thereafter you will be charged £20.00 per hour pro rata. Waiting charges are applicable if the flight is delayed if the driver has been dispatched. All drivers are dispatched accordingly. An airport parking charge may be applicable.
- The fares quoted are flat rates. Any diversions, additional set downs or pickups by passengers will incur a minimum charge of £10.00 per diversion. Fares quoted that are not booked will have a validity of 24 hours. MiniCabify reserves the right of altering any prices without prior notification however any quote/booking confirmed by MiniCabify will remain binding.
- Neither MiniCabify nor any of its contracted or sub-contracted drivers will accept responsibility for loss or damage to luggage. Passengers are responsible for ensuring that their luggage is loaded/unloaded at all times if accompanying the luggage on the journey.
- MiniCabify or its contracted or sub-contracted drivers have the right to refuse any passenger or to make the journey due to the passenger having excess luggage which would result in the vehicle being unsafe whilst in motion. If you are unsure about the capacity of the vehicle booked, please contact MiniCabify customer services team immediately.
- MiniCabify does not accept any responsibility in any way if the passenger luggage requirements exceed the capacity of the vehicle booked. The maximum weight of one item should not exceed 25kg.
- Vehicles are booked by Passengers as requested. Saloon and Estate cars carry a maximum of 4 passengers & luggage. Vehicles to carry a larger no of passengers & luggage are available & are to be booked as required, (for luggage limitations & vehicle types and relevance view vehicles).
- MiniCabify will not carry in its vehicles any of the following:
- Explosives, firearms, flammables, tear gas, mace, pepper spray
- Fragile, breakable, or temperature-sensitive items
- Pets, insects, animals (other than registered Guide Dogs for the visually impaired and in addition domestic pets (Cats & Dogs) will be subject to the appropriate vehicles is available)
- Hazardous waste
- Pressurised containers (unless secured in a travel bracket or box
- Securities and negotiable papers
- Alcoholic beverages, or anything containing alcohol that is not securely closed
- Illegal narcotics/drugs
- MiniCabify reserves the right to disallow additional goods at any time
- In the instance where unaccompanied luggage is transported. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold MiniCabify and its owners, workers, clients, agents, and driver harmless from all claims, demands, causes of actions, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your acts or omissions in connection with your use of the Service and omissions in relation to clause 3.6 in its entirety.
- In the instance where unaccompanied luggage is transported. The MiniCabify will try its level best to deliver the luggage to the exact destination as booked by the passenger. If the driver is unable to obtain a signature for the receipt of luggage on such delivery. The driver is within his remit to return the luggage to our head office where storage and additional delivery costs may be incurred.
- MiniCabify shall use all reasonable endeavors to get to your collection point and to your destination on time but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey.
- All luggage is carried entirely at your risk.
- MiniCabify shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control. If the car breaks down during your journey MiniCabify will endeavor to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable.
- You shall indemnify MiniCabify against all losses, costs, damages, and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
- Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation, or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
- Advertising companies/agencies wishing to cover or wrap the Minicab with any kind of advert or liveries must also provide sufficient proof of insurance in writing that the vehicles will be returned to their original state. In case of any damages or defects, the hirer will incur all of the repair costs.
Cancellations / Cancellation Charges
- No reservation which has been accepted by the Provider may be canceled by the Passenger except with the agreement in writing, by email, telephone, or otherwise of the Provider and on terms that are suitable for the purpose for which they have been booked as in clause 4.7 will be subject to clause 6.6. Vehicles that are canceled by passengers after reservation acceptance by the provider shall incur a £10.00 charge.
- Cancellations must be informed of a minimum of 6 hours prior to the time of booking by Telephone: 074 6666 1307 (24/7 WhatsApp).
- All cancellations informed 5+ hours prior to the time of booking will qualify for a 100% refund of payment made.
- Vehicles that are booked by Passengers that are not suitable in terms of luggage capacity or number of seats will incur cancellation charges of 50% of the total journey cost.
- Cancellations are informed 3 to 5 hours prior to the time of booking cancellation charge incurred: 50% of the quoted price for provision of service.
- Cancellations not informed up to 3 hours prior to the time of booking cancellation charge incurred: 100% of the quoted price for provision of service.
MiniCabify will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence, or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated partway through the hire.
Conveying of children4
UK law states that Minicab are exempt from legislation relating to children traveling in a baby/child seat or booster, more details of the legislation can be found here. For Health and Safety reasons MiniCabify is unable to provide any form of child seat. However, if you are booking a return journey and have your own child seat, the driver who carries out your booking will store your child seat for the return journey, please note that the installation of the child seat must be carried out by you.
The Provider shall not be liable to the Passenger or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in delivery or in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Provider's obligations in relation to the Service, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Providers reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the Providers reasonable control directly or indirectly: -
- act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire, or accident;
- war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, or requisition;
- acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions, or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary, or local authority;
- traffic accidents, traffic hold-ups, traffic congestion;
- strikes, lockouts, or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Provider or of a third party);
- flight delays, flight cancellations;
- power failure or breakdown in machinery including computer systems.
- Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions, or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If clause 6.4 applies then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Provider, the Provider shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Passenger, and if the Services have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
The Passenger undertakes to the Provider that: -
- The Passenger will regard as confidential the Contract and all information obtained by the Passenger relating to the business and/or products of the Provider and will not use or disclose to any third party such information without the Provider's prior written consent provided that this undertaking shall not apply to information which is in the public domain other than by reason of the Passengers default;
- The passenger will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure compliance with this condition by its employees, servants, and agents. This Condition shall survive the termination of the contract.
- No waiver by the provider of any breach of the Contract by the passenger shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
- The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales.
- The Term and conditions are part of a set of the policies MiniCabify follows and adhere by.
- You will automatically receive a ‘Journey Acknowledgement’ email for the journey(s) you have paid for. You are responsible for that the details we received are correct.
- You will automatically receive an email when the journey has been assigned to a driver. This will contain the pickup instructions and the driver’s telephone number. MiniCabify will not refund you if you missed your pickup.
- MiniCabify does not accept any responsibility in any way for missed flights for whatever reason i.e., traffic delays, accidents, breakdowns, severe weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances.
- We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to flight departure to allow for possible unpredicted delays en route to or from the airport. MiniCabify will not take responsibility for any passengers missing their flight if two hours of check-in time was not allowed.
- You are free of course to arrange to get to the airport for a time of less than 2 hours prior to flight departure, however MiniCabify accepts no responsibility for any missed flight due to this.
- All passengers are advised to have adequate travel insurance prior to booking.
- No responsibilities for costs are to be refunded to any passengers who do not wait for their driver and take alternative transport.
- The exact route of your journey is down to the driver’s discretion on the day of travel, alternate routes may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. In some cases, where the mileage or duration significantly changes, alternate routes may incur additional charges, this is calculated on a case-by-case basis.
- Please ensure you give us your arrival times and departure information.
- If your flight has any serious delays, please inform us or the driver as soon as possible.
- MiniCabify uses their own transport wherever possible but does use third-party companies where appropriate.
- MiniCabifymay changes these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. All existing bookings will be at the rate quoted or the applicable rate in effect at the time of booking.
- MiniCabifyshall store, process, and use all information regarding your personal details in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- This Agreement and any accompanying quotation represent the entire agreement between you and MiniCabifyin relation to its subject matter. If there is any discrepancy between the terms of this Agreement and the quotation, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer any benefit on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, and no third party shall have the right to enforce any rights under this Agreement except where otherwise agreed in writing.
- Reservations made for service on the following timings and dates will be subject to an additional 50% surcharge on published prices: 18:00 24th December to 23:59 26th December, 18:00 31st December to 23:59 1st January, other days may also be affected.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with English law and you and the Passenger and the Provider; each agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
In order to be eligible for a full or partial refund, you must raise a dispute within 7 days of the services provided. If your dispute is upheld and you are eligible for a full or partial refund this would be paid to your nominated bank account within 28 days.